The coronavirus pandemic brings with it a huge number of challenges to us all in terms of business continuity and ensuring that employees are paid accurately and on time. This will mean that for the immediate future, we will all need to play a part in working differently in order to maintain our business as usual activities as far as is possible.
As of today we are no longer working in the office but are all remotely working from home. We do not currently have any access to the telephone lines so we are unable to direct calls from the office.
Therefore with immediate effect, please can you ensure that the following working practices are noted and shared within your schools:
• Please refrain from sending paper documents into the office either by post or in person and instead scan them if possible, or take a clear photo of any documentation that you need to send to payroll to inform us of a change.
• Please ensure that all changes are still authorised by the appropriate manager/ Headteacher in line with our normal working practices. If physical signatures are not available this can be via email authorisation of the form by the appropriate officer(s).
• Please use the team email box to submit all instructions or to raise queries regarding pay or pensions. The email address is: email@example.com. Please do not send emails to an individual contact.
• Please retain all original documentation so that these can be sent to the team once the situation returns to normal.
• Spreadsheets will still be sent out at the end of this week for overtime claims – please ensure you make contact as soon as possible if you are unable to log in at home / your current working base.
• If you need to contact a member of the team, please use the chat, video or audio call functionality within the Microsoft Teams app, where possible.
• We are unable to prioritise the ongoing provision or distribution of employee’s printed payslips and therefore we would urge all staff to register for electronic payslips which are then delivered to an individual’s email address prior to payday. Staff will need to take the following action:
For School-based staff and casual Council staff who do not have access to People Gateway, as an interim measure, we will accept an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, in which they can provide their email address, together with their payroll number, date of birth and home address. Following the appropriate security checks, we will arrange for their payslips to be sent via email at the appropriate time. Unfortunately the March payroll has already been processed so we will only be able to provide this functionality from April 2020. Staff are able to email in to the team box should they have any queries for the March payments.
It is hoped that by implementing the above process changes, we will be able to continue our service provision with minimal disruption. Your participation in this matter is greatly appreciated.
Please can you cascade to your employees as much as possible.
The Payroll and Pensions Team