This pack contains activities and lessons from foundation stage- years 6. By the end of these activities and lessons the children will be able to:
- Recognise similarities and differences;
- Sort objects, using a number of criteria;
- Explain what they are thinking and doing.
- Recognise that there is more than one possible answer to a problem;
- Explain how answers differ and to record different answers in a list.
- Begin to use a systematic way to solve a problem involving finding all possibilities;
- Create a clear list of possibilities
- Prove that they have found all possible answers to a problem by generalising a list;
- Check that their solution fulfils the criterion
- Solve a problem by checking possible solutions against a given criteria;
- Solve a problem by listing all possible answers;
- List possible answers in a systematic way.
- Find all possibilities by working systematically;
- Begin to see how working systematically can help explain reasoning.
- Understand strategies to record the solutions to a visual problem in a systematic way.
Problem-solving_pack_finding_all_possibilities1 (PDF 1.28MB)