Our service at a glance
Fully managed and monitored internet connectivity packages for schools & colleges consisting of:
- Packages from 2mb – 100mb secure filtered internet connectivity.
- Dedicated uncontended bandwidth.
- Education internet filtering.
- 50 webmail email accounts with the option to increase the number of accounts.
- Hosting of Espresso and Kar2ouche data.
- Web hosting for your schools website.
- DNS hosting for your domain name.
- Remote secure backup of your MIS data.
- Secure file transfer of data to the local authority.
- Central management of school antivirus software.
- Access to WMBC hosted services such as Oracle, HRD Portal and WMBC intranet
Why choose us?
WGFL offers you a symmetric service, so your users will experience the same speed uploading to the internet as they do downloading. In a world where users create their own internet content, in particular with Learning Platforms, this offers a real advantage over cheaper ADSL solutions.
WGFL provides and maintains a dedicated proxy server on your site which manages caching of commonly viewed websites and hosts content such as Espresso and Kar2ouche.
We manage your filtering and internet security, we also perform regular internet security penetration testing to ensure your network is safe.
Fully monitored connections, via our central management software, we can often detect and resolve connectivity issues before you know about them.
WGFL is a non-profit making service and can be offered with flexible payments.
WGFL is a member of the National Education Network giving free access to educational resources such as www.audionetwork.nen.gov.uk
Don’t take our word for it
Over the past couple of years we have worked closely with the ICT team to develop and enhance our internet provision. Our network and internet provision has proved to be extremely reliable – with any outages resolved almost instantly (often before we realise we have a problem!)
Andy Nicholls, Headteacher, Moorcroft Wood Primary School
Please call for costs
Information Services and ICT Service Level Agreement 18/19
Find out more
Richard Brookes – Schools ICT Manager
or Schools Service Desk on 01922 653000