Our service at a glance
- An extensive outreach programme for music and arts in schools at all age ranges
- Music and arts for pre-school, early years and children’s centres
- Instrumental and vocal teaching, orchestras, bands and choirs at all levels
- Whole class delivery at Key Stage 1 and 2 for the ‘first access’ initiative in the National Plan for Music Education (NPME)
- Facilitator for NPME singing strategy and choral activities
- Special needs music support and facilities
- Large scale events, concerts and festivals for Walsall schools
- Commissioned activities for School clusters and individual schools
- In-reach participation and taster programmes to include World
- Music and Arts
- Youth drama, musical theatre and dance companies.
- KS2 digital arts and film making programmes
- Weekly after school and evening centres for a broad spectrum of music and arts
- Holiday arts and music workshops to include film festivals
Facilities at Forest Arts Centre
- Two fully equipped performance auditoria for large scale events, theatre productions and concerts.
- Soundproof rehearsal studios, specialist music rooms and recording suite.
- Two cinemas for premieres, specialist showings and regional venue for National Schools’ Film Week.
- Exhibition and gallery space.
- Digital arts studio for film production, animation, photography and digital imaging.
- Specialist dance studios with tuition in jazz, tap, ballet, contemporary and theatre.
- World Music facilities including Gamelan, Steel Pans, Samba, Djembe.
- Specialist special needs facilities and resources
Other services on offer at the centre
- Assisted instrument purchase scheme.
- Instrument loan and repair service.
- Specialist facilities for the staging of school productions, concerts and exhibitions
- Weekly participation opportunities at evening centres for orchestras, bands, ensembles, jazz and choirs (all ages and inter-generational)
- Workshops for strings, brass, woodwind and World Music
- Schools and cluster festivals for singing, dance and drama
- Rock & Pop Academy
- CPD opportunities for teachers.
After a successful bidding process in 2012 Forest Arts is now your Music Education Hub and a one stop shop for all music and arts needs. We bring together key partners such as University of Wolverhampton, Lichfield Cathedral, Staffordshire Brass Band and many others to provide enrichment programmes and new ways of experiencing high quality music and arts for Walsall schools and young people.
We tailor our delivery to your individual requirements and always aim to provide best value.
Wherever possible we also seek funding sources to support schools arts needs. Please call us to discuss how we can help.
Find out more
For an informal discussion about this service please contact:
Head of Arts and Events