Date: Thursday 25th February 2021 (9:00 -17:00)
Venue: Education Development Centre, Pelsall Lane, Rushall, WS4 1NG Enquiries: 01922 650715
Working together to meet the needs of children and young people who have displayed sexually harmful behaviour (SHB)
Target Group: Level 3 / Health 3
This Multi-Agency training course will increase Practitioners’ knowledge and confidence in identifying inappropriate and harmful sexual behaviour (SHB). This training is particularly relevant for Children and family Social Workers, Police officers, Head teachers or Safeguarding Leads, Children’s home or residential care staff. Health sector staff including GP’s and nurse’s with safeguarding lead responsibilities.
- To build on participants knowledge of what is inappropriate and harmful sexual behaviour, by exploring practical ways of working.
- To improve the ability of carers and staff to identify and respond appropriately to the needs of children and young people with whom they have contact.
- Understand the support that young people/parents/carers can access from Walsall Children’s Services.
- Understand Children’s Services responses to child or young person displaying SHB, and how to refer a child or young person Walsall SHB Service, and
- Understand your own values and attitudes that influences your response to the issues.
- Have a understanding of what constitutes sexually inappropriate and harmful behaviour.
- Identify the factors that contribute to sexually harmful behaviour.
- Understand when you need to seek advice and support to deal with the behaviours, and what advice and support is available.
- Explore ways of reducing the likelihood of inappropriate or harmful behaviour
- Understand Walsall Safeguarding Partnership procedures