Our service at a glance
- A chance for children to visit the Centre and learn using our extensive collections
- Advice to teachers about using local history in the classroom
- Resource packs tailored to the national curriculum
- Online resources via our website
- Local history books and DVDs for sale
- Visits by Local history centre staff to schools to lead curriculum based sessions on local history
Why choose us?
The Local History Centre has a wealth of unique local history material covering all of Walsall borough from 1200 to the present day. Nowhere else has such an extensive collection of resources about Walsall’s history and heritage. Our collections include a wide range of media including archival documents, the local studies library, maps, oral history tapes and much more.
Using original documents makes history come alive, literally the “wow” factor. Our collections can be used across the curriculum to teach history, geography, citizenship and much more.
We have resources targeted to key stage 2 history modules “What was it like for children in Victorian Britain?”, “How did life change in our locality in Victorian Britain?and What was it like to live here in the past?”
Our expert staff know Walsall’s history and our resources and can advise on whatever you need.
Online resources free
Some resource packs priced, local history books priced
For any other services price is on application
Find out more
For an informal discussion about this service please contact:
Ruth Vyse/Cath Yates
Walsall Local History Centre