Online Safety Support
Our Online Safety Advisory Service addresses how schools and organisations working with children can protect them online and effectively embed online safety strategies.
The service brings together best practice approaches on empowering and educating young people to use the internet and digital technology responsibly and safely. This allows young people to take advantage of the opportunities the internet and new technologies can offer, whilst responding to any risks.
What we offer
Whole school training; This can be offered for all groups in school including all staff, SLT, governors, students and parents. These sessions are run in a variety of ways including school based parent and pupil sessions, remote meetings, lessons delivered remotely and informative newsletters and updates.
An Online Safety Audit, that will create a report uniquely tailored for your school that identifies any gaps and/or risks from both a national and safeguarding context
Policy support and development including remote education support and online safety policy development, social media policies and acceptable user agreements.This includes an awareness of data protection including GDPR
Classroom support sessions for staff and students, in person or remotely.
Designated Safeguarding lead or Online safety leader support through Online safety meetings and termly update seminar.
Why choose us?
- As with many areas of education, online safety is most effective when it is integrated into the curriculum and a consistent message is shared amongst staff, parents and students and other school stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date with the latest approaches to safeguarding children and young people from grooming and harmful content online
- Understand the latest developments from social media on encouraging young people to stay safe online and the positive use of social media
- Understand the potential risk areas online and the dangers of sharing images
- Know how to engage with issues of cyber-bullying and ‘sexting’ and dealing with what upsets children online
- Gain insight from other schools on their approach to developing an effective online safety strategy that encourages the safe use of the internet and new technologies
- Obtain guidance on the use of apps both personally and organisationally and the relationship between new technologies and consistent behaviours
- Receive advice on data requests and transferring data securely between institutions
Don't just take our word for it
Nicola’s expert support helped to prepare our school for the 360 Safe process, from beginning to end. Through professional scrutiny, we were able to highlight weaker areas together and build action plans to satisfy unaddressed criteria. Drawing on constructive advice from Nicola, I was able to implement strategies which ultimately resulted in the successful completion of the 360 Safe award. Working with Nicola gave me the confidence that we were always on the right path and I would highly recommend her service to those looking to embark on the 360 Safe journey.
Dan Hatfield (Computing / Online Safety Coordinator, St Giles CE Primary)
Since working alongside Nicola, we feel our school has gone from strength to strength with our provision of Online Safety. She regularly keeps us up to date with statutory changes, which has helped us develop a robust, creative and challenging curriculum that is accessible to all children. Since all staff receive regular CPD in this area, which she delivers in a friendly yet professional manner, the teaching and learning of this subject is to a very high standard. Her help has been invaluable during the process of applying for the 360 Online Safety Assessment Mark, which we were successful in achieving.
Laura Poole (Computing / Online Safety Coordinator, Watling Street Primary)
Online E-safety support in schools
Nicola Rudge, E-safety Advisor
Telephone: 07920 072462