Our Service at a glance
- Swimming Pool hire
- Swimming tuition
- 3G pitch hire
- Sports Hall hire
Why choose us?
We believe that learning to swim at a young age is a vital skill for life. The minimum requirement remains that, by the time children leave KS2 they should be able too:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 meters
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water- based situations
Our team of trained and experienced instructors and poolside staff are focused on supporting the development of confidence in the water and improving swimming proficiency.
We have capacity to accommodate schools at our facilities as follows:
- Oak Park Active Living Centre: Learner Pool - 17.5m x 8m (variable depth) and Main Pool - 25m x 17.5m (1.2m to 1.8m deep)
- Darlaston Swimming Pool: Learner Pool - 12m x 7m (0.7m to 1.0m deep) and Main Pool - 25m x 12m (1.2m to 1.8m deep)
- Bloxwich Active Living Centre: Learner Pool - 12m x 8m (0.7m deep) and Main Pool - 25m x 12m (1.2m to 1.8m deep)
- Walsall Gala Swimming and Fitness Centre: Teaching Pool - 13m x 7m (1.0m to 1.6m deep) and Main Pool - 25m x 13m (1.7m to 4.2m deep)
Don’t take our word for it
70% of the schools hiring our facilities have been repeat customers for over ten years
Our Service Standards:
- We will provide a safe and welcoming environment with high quality standards at all times.
- Information on all activities will be available at all times.
- Our staff will be fully trained for their role and will be identifiable at all times.
- All our staff will help customers with their enquiries and welcome your comments.
- A management representative will be available at all sites to help with your enquiries.
- A formal complaints system is operated at each facility.
- Pool hire can be booked on a termly basis.
- The cost of our pool hire is £45.00 per half hour booking which includes provision of a lifeguard.
- Should you require us to provide a fully qualified and DBS checked instructor the charge for this will be £20.00 per half hour or £30.00 per hour.
- You are welcome to provide your own swimming instructor but we will ask to see proof that they hold a suitable instructor and water safety qualification.
- When requesting a main pool booking please be aware that the booking is for an area of the pool (shallow, middle, or deep) which will each accommodate 30 children. For Walsall Gala Baths main 25m pool the booking is for two lanes which will also accommodate a class of 30 children. All learner and teaching pools also accommodate a class of 30 children.
- We can also accommodate bespoke requests such as intensive learning, or facilitate the use of Primary Sport Funding to pay for weaker swimmers to attend our Walsall Swim Academy outside school hours to help them achieve the National Curriculum expected level of learning.
Other services available
All our centres have state of the art fitness suites, the two Active Living Centres have 6-badminton court sports halls, and Oak Park has a full sized 3G floodlit football pitch.
Find out more
To book school swimming or to find more information about any of our service please contact:
Oak Park Active Living Centre - firstname.lastname@example.org
Bloxwich Active Living Centre - email@example.com
Walsall Gala Swimming and Fitness - firstname.lastname@example.org
Darlaston Swimming Pool - email@example.com