Public Health advice to minimise COVID-19 transmission
The system of controls, established by Walsall Education settings during the 2020/2021 academic year continue to provide a set of principles for infection control; if schools/settings continue to follow this advice and maximise the use of these control measures, they will effectively minimise risks of viral transmission.
All elements of the system of controls are essential. All schools/settings must address each of these elements, but the way settings implement some of the requirements will differ based on their individual circumstances.
All settings are asked to review their COVID-19 risk assessment and ensure that where appropriate maintain COVID-Secure measures to minimise transmission. It is expected that education settings will continue to:
- Encourage full vaccination of all staff, alongside promoting vaccination among appropriate pupils and parents.
- Maintain frequent handwashing and use of hand sanitiser throughout the day
- Ensure good respiratory hygiene for everyone
- Maintain appropriate cleaning regimes
- Keep occupied spaces well ventilated
- Follow public health advice on testing, self-isolation and managing confirmed cases of COVID-19.
We are very supportive of any setting who chooses to continue to follow good practice such as using consistent groupings, staggered start and finish times and minimising bringing parents onto site.