Our service at a glance
A range of guidance, including consultancy, to support the purposeful and creative use of the itslearning platform to advance learning and teaching, and to assist with using this online environment to make a distinctive contribution to the whole school curriculum.
Support under this agreement can take place in any/all of the following ways:
- Pupil Projects: covering any use of the Learning Platform in the classroom. Projects involving discussion groups, quizzes and integrated tools such as Purplemash and J2E have successfully taken place.
- Platform and/or App launches: Both to parents and staff, showing ways that the platform and the App can be used to increase parental engagement in your school.
- Staff Training: We offer itslearning training for all staff at both a basic and advanced level, either in school during INSETS or via regular training courses.
We support schools in their aim to fully realise and utilise Learning Platforms and use them as part of everyday practice by providing:
- Drop in sessions on a Wednesday afternoon between 1pm and 4:30pm to work on areas of the Learning Platform with support and advice
- Inset days and twilights for schools to train all staff on the use of the Learning Platform
- Learning Platform courses, from refresher courses to courses to highlight updates and new tools – see courses
- Hands on support and advice for launching Learning Platforms to staff, students and parents.
- Learning Platform focus groups to showcase good practice and discuss updates and issues common to Walsall schools
- Support with setting up, using and launching the itslearning App
- Support creating and updating the school website using MyPortal and the new myeduwebsite product
Why choose us?
We offer integrated guidance and support to help schools exploit their learning platform to maximise the benefit to their school.
Experienced and accredited staff who are able to deal quickly and efficiently with any issues that may arise in schools.
Regular contact with schools enables us to identify and promote ‘best practice’ and share ideas and inspiration.
We can offer a wide range of support to benefit Walsall schools and enable collaboration, development of partnerships and transition projects.
Support can be booked for a full day or a half day morning or afternoon session (including twilight). These can be with whole staff meetings/groups or individuals within the school.
Don’t take our word for it
‘The computing support we have received at St Giles has been a very positive experience for pupils, staff and parents. We have received bespoke training to cater for the needs of staff linked to appraisal targets, staff training linked to the Learning Platform and new software. Pupils and parents have been given support about how to use and access the Learning Platform at home. In my opinion it has been extremely good value for money and the support and advice provided has contributed significantly to the teaching and learning across the school.’
Mrs Mavi – Deputy Head, St Giles C of E Primary School
‘Lucy and Marc have been an integral part of Computing at Old Church Primary School. They have supported both myself and the staff here with both curriculum needs and the implementation of a new learning platform. They have also provided invaluable support in the form of team teaching and demonstrations which has given our staff the added confidence to go away and try new things.
Not only have they provided the school with in house training, they regularly put on training sessions at the the EDC which are tailored to schools needs and the annual Walsall Computing conference is becoming a date in the calendar to look forward to.’
James Goddard, ICT Co-ordinator
This service is priced per annum at:
Primary schools £595 per site plus £5.50 per pupil
Secondary schools £1,000 per site plus £3.75 per pupil
Information Services and ICT Service Level Agreement 18/19
Find out more
Information Services Manager