Our service at a glance
- Introductory discussions around the permanent collection, exhibitions, behind the scenes, or related to your specific subject areas
- Practical workshops on skill learning inspired specifically by the art on display, 90 minute workshop with one of our artists, all artwork made can be taken back to school with you.
- Use of free self guided resources to support your group engagement with the artworks and a bespoke timetable to help you move around the gallery
- Art specific CPD at your request
- Funded project work when appropriate
Why choose us?
- An open and accessible world class art gallery with a permanent collection of modern, historical and contemporary works, temporary exhibitions, research art library, archives, family gallery and educational facilities all within easy travelling distance.
- Increased speaking and listening skills, individually and in group discussion
- Increased skills in problem solving, creative and critical thinking
- Stimulus for cross curricular learning
- Lunch Room on request
- Concessions for Special Needs groups
- Toilet facilities on 3 levels – including disabled toilets
- Lifts to all floors
- Two Art Activity Rooms
Don’t take our word for it –
“Excellent – Structure & knowledge and process, fantastic materials, lots of well planned resources”
Bishop Vesey Grammar School. 2016
“Fabulous – The pupils were fully engaged in the activity. Artist knowledge was excellent and enabled pupils to feel confident in learning a new skill”
Burton Borough School. Newport. 2016
- Burton Borough School. Newport. 2016
- Free use of all self guided resources
- Free 15 minute talks on the collections or exhibitions
- Free Timetable to guide you around the gallery
- Free information e flyers to all exhibitions
- For de-delegated schools lowest rate on all booked practical core workshops
- We can create a bespoke workshop in discussion with yourselves to suit your individual needs. Prices depend on the programme required
- Arts Award – Discovery in a day
- Arts Award registered centre and supporter for Discover, Explore, Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Sketch book in a day – For GCSE pupils to help kick start their exam work.
- GCSE Exam help – Being introduced in January 2018 – Alongside this online resource we will also be offering FREE introductory Saturday talks for students. Facilitated by a member of our Learning Team, these will provide you with an insight into the themes identified in the exam titles.
- Please contact us for current pricings and an informal chat about how we can help you get the most out of your visit.
The gallery is open to negotiations for project developments and partnership working. The venue can be hired for smaller performances, workshops, meetings and presentations and is easily accessible in the town centre.
Find out more
For an informal discussion please contact: