Professional Clerking Service
There has never been a time when clerking has been more vital for effective governance, both in maintained schools and academies. We will provide expert and professional clerking support to contribute to the effectiveness of the governing body and pride ourselves on providing a friendly and effective service.
All our clerks are suitably qualified by virtue of experience and in-service training. Our clerks are supported by the Team and provided with regular briefings and training opportunities including the National Clerks Accreditation Programme. The work of all our clerks is quality assured.
New this Year: All schools and academies subscribing to our clerking service will have full access to GovernorHub.
GovernorHub will allow governors to:
- View all agendas and meeting papers online or offline by downloading these to their tablet or phones via the App.
- Store and share documents and policies.
- Communicate with other board members through the site.
- Keep a shared calendar of governing board functions and reminders etc.
- Access Walsall Services updates and book courses online.
- Upload and maintain governing board membership, committee structures on the site.
For further information and functionalities of the GovernorHub please refer to page 3.
A professional clerking service with a named clerk to governors and provide a cover clerk where the regular clerk is not available. The pricing is based on clerking 9 meetings over the financial year (based on 2 hours per meeting).
The Clerk will:
- Organise and support the Chair and Head teacher in preparing for meetings.
- Circulate calling papers to all governors in line with requirements and make all papers available to governors online through GovernorHub.
- Provide Information and legal advice to the governing body on termly agendas.
- Advise the governing body on constitutional and procedural matters, duties and powers.
- Will undertake the clerical and minuting functions associated with meetings including; accurate and professionally produced minutes, highlighting challenge and ensure that decisions/ actions are followed up.
- Manage information effectively in accordance with legal requirements.
The fees charged for clerking are based on the time involved in preparing the agenda, circulating documentation for the meeting, writing up minutes, submitting draft minutes to the Chair/Head teacher and making amendments together with following up any actions that are the responsibility of the Clerk.
Please refer to the Traded Services Booklet 2018-19 for pricing.