Information for parents / carers
Below is some information to share with parents / carers so they are clear about when not to send their child into school.
Advice for Parents / Carers
Do not come into early years / school in these scenarios
To help keep your child and other pupils safe, children should not come to early years / school if:
- They are feeling unwell or are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms (If in doubt, book a test. If positive, isolate for 10 days from start of symptoms)
- They have tested positive for coronavirus and are within the 10 day isolation period
- They are sharing a household or support bubble with someone with symptoms (person with symptoms to be tested, if negative can return to usual activities; if positive, you must isolate for 14 days from last contact)
- They have been advised by the NHS test and trace service to self-isolate or aware they are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for coronavirus (isolate for 14 days from last contact)
- They have returned from abroad and government guidance states they need to quarantine (stay at home) for 14 days
If you are not sure if your child should or should not go to school please call your school reception.
An open letter was sent to all parents / carers in Walsall from the Director of Public Health on 25 / 09 /2020