Teens and Toddlers is a youth development programme is specifically designed to re-engage young people most at risk (aged 13-16), it increases their educational attainment, aspirations and self-esteem. It is proven to inspire young people to gain the qualifications they are capable of achieving and tackles the root cause of any negative behaviour (see Impact document)
Benefits to Schools/Programme Outcomes
- Improve academic attainment -92% of participants achieve the NCFE National Award (entry level 3) and 55% of teens starting the programme go on to achieve 5+ GCSE’s (grade A*-C)
- Reduce truancy -16% increase in school attendance upon programme completion
- Improve behaviour -72% of Teens and Toddlers graduates report staying away from people who might get them into trouble.
Each 18-week programme, delivered by fully trained facilitators, runs for one morning/ afternoon a week, in a nursery/children’s centre.
The programme combines:
- Work experience in a nursery (75 minutes per week): where eight teenagers, mentor eight children needing additional to build a sense of responsibility.
- Classroom sessions (2 hours per week) focusing on: anger/behavioural management, life goals and barriers to young people’s achievement e.g. teen pregnancy, alcohol, drugs.
- NCFE Interpersonal Skills Qualification: to improve how pupils interact with their teachers/peers/care givers and to help them reach their potential.
- Group coaching: where young people can talk about issues affecting them (e.g. family problems; drug/alcohol abuse).
For further information please contact email@example.com