Our service at a glance
A range of guidance, including consultancy, to support the purposeful and creative use of computing to advance learning and teaching, and to assist with using technology to make a distinctive contribution to the whole school curriculum.
Support under this agreement can take place in any/all of the following ways:
- Pupil Projects: cover any use of technology in the classroom. Control and gaming projects have been particularly successful in many Walsall primary schools. Projects can take place within school or in our dedicated training room.
- Classroom Support: Our team is experienced in introducing new ideas, technologies and practices into classrooms. Changing pedagogy puts added pressure onto busy teachers, we can support your school to implement and embed computing in the classroom.
- Staff Training: We offer specific software training for all staff, for example; 2Simple, Google
Apps and Interactive Whiteboard software, and offer a range of workshops to meet the needs of schools. (see courses)
- Support in identifying, prioritising and action planning to maximise the impact of technology throughout the curriculum
- Arranging visits to other schools and computing or technology shows
- Arranging computing workshops/events with external providers – see courses
- An annual computing conference
- Support with assessment of computing to inform teaching learning
- Support with the schools Learning Platform (Its Learning) and the school Website
- Using class sets of Lego Mindstorms and Lego WeDo to create and program Lego models
- Running robotic challenge afternoons with a variety of different robots including OhBot, robotic arm, BB8, InObot, Dash and Dot
- Supporting the use of Apple hardware and software (iPads and Mac’s) in the classroom to enhance creativity
Why choose us?
- We are 2 experienced teachers and computing leaders who are NAACE members and are an ICT-Mark assessor and a Google Certified Teacher respectively and both accredited PurpleMash trainers.
- We keep abreast of new technologies that impact on education and disseminate this information through Edtech update publications, regular email newsletters and our annual computing conference.
- Regular contact with schools enables us to identify and promote ‘best practice’ and share ideas and inspiration.
- We can offer a wide range of support to benefit Walsall schools and enable collaboration, development of partnerships and transition projects.
- Subscribing schools get access to drop-ins, conferences, courses, advice on best practice and support with besopke computing or technology projects
- Support can be booked for a full day or a half day morning or afternoon session (including twilight). These can be with whole staff meetings/groups or individuals within the school.
For more examples of our work see our Twitter feed on @wcsict
Don’t take our word for it
‘Lucy and Marc, the primary computing advisors for Walsall, have been invaluable during my role as computing Co-ordinator. They are available whenever I need support and advice whether it be relating to the changes in the curriculum, purchasing new resources or support with on-line learning platforms. As a whole school, staff have been delighted with their delivery of computing lessons which both inspire, develop and extend the children’s learning whilst demonstrating good teaching with new resources for our staff to gain experience from. The courses they run are current, accessible and relevant to the continuous changes to the curriculum. They also provide us with in service training for our Teaching Assistants which again strengthens our knowledge of computing within the school, enabling all staff to work confidently with technology. Above all they are friendly and approachable to work alongside.’
Laura Postings – ICT Co-ordinator Watling Street Primary School
This service is priced per annum at:
- Primary schools and Primary academies at £500 per site plus £4.00 per pupil
- Nursery schools £325 per site plus £4.00 per pupil
- Special schools and Special academies at £325 plus £4.00 per pupil
- Secondary schools and secondary academies £750 plus £4.00 per pupil
Information Services and ICT Service Level Agreement 18/19
Find out more
Information Services Manager